|Click to view journal|
To submit an article to be reviewed read the guidelines below.
Guidelines for Authors
Manuscripts submitted for consideration by JCTE should focus on career and technical education philosophy, theory or practice. Comprehensive reviews of literature and reports of research and methodology will be considered. All articles should relate to current issues, cite appropriate literature and have direct implications for career and technical educators. It is intended that JCTE serve as a forum for discussion of philosophy, theory, practice and issues in career and technical education. Manuscripts should not have been published or be under current consideration for publication by other journals. At least one author of a paper must be an OTT member for their paper to be published. Membership dues may be paid before submitting an article.
The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Sixth Edition (2010), is the standard of style for JCTE with one exception: Please place your figures and tables in the appropriate place in the manuscript. Manuscripts not adhering to that style manual will be returned to the authors without review.
Manuscripts accepted for publication normally may not exceed 30 pages of printed, double-spaced text, including title page, abstract page, tables, figures and references.
Manuscripts must be submitted electronically via e-mail attaching a single Word file containing, in order, the following:
- A title page with the manuscript title and the author(s) complete address(es), telephone number(s), and e-mail address(es);
- An abstract of the manuscript, succinctly describing the contents of the paper in no more than 150 words; and
- The full manuscript with figures and table included in the manuscript.
Review and Publication
The Journal is published twice a year, spring (around June 1st for hard copy) and fall (around December 1st for hard copy). All accepted articles are published in both traditional hard copy and electronic journal.
The review process normally takes 6 weeks to 3 months for the first round. The entire review process from submission to final acceptance or rejection may require much longer. The Editor will notify authors as each state in the review process is completed. The decision of the reviewers will be either to:
- Accept (publish as submitted, very minor editorial revisions may be needed -- this is very rare for initial submissions)
- Accept conditionally with minor revisions (revisions are reviewed by editor, not resubmitted to review panel)
- Accept Conditionally with Major Revisions (revised manuscript will be sent back to the same reviewers for reconsideration)
- Reject but invite major revision and re-submission (fundamental changes are needed and the revised manuscript will go back to the same reviewers for reconsideration - this is a very common decision on the initial review and should not be considered as a final rejection)
- Reject the manuscript for JVTE (the manuscript will not be considered again).
Figures and Tables
Tables and figures should provide only information essential to understanding the article. Authors should avoid reporting the same information in both text and tables. In the preparation of tables and figures, authors should use APA guidelines for format and include the tables and figures in text where they should appear. Tables and figures are to be prepared as a part of the word processing file. Tables should be developed in columns using the table-formatting feature in the word processor so that they will translate to HTML. Each item in a table should be placed in an individual cell. Do not use tables to format tables, because they will not translate properly. Tables and figures will not be published on oversized or foldout sheets because they will not translate properly. Tables and figures will not be published on oversized or foldout sheets.